Saturday, July 5, 2008

Leadership Weekend

WOW.... Where do I begin about Leadership weekend?


Thanks Melinda for posting this picture of the executive board from Ft Polk that went to Leadership weekend at Fort Benning Ga.
We had a BLAST!!!
Fun, Food, Fellowship....all my personal favorites!!
We all learned so much that we just didn't know we didn't know before going!
Most importantly we were able to fellowship together and learn about each other!
Imagine this... had I not taken off on this expedition I would never have known NOT to take LA10 to go anywhere....apparently I would have known that had I too married an aviator, alas, I did not, I married a foot soldier, not a fly soldier!! In addition in order to go east you must first go north or south, I guess that's just how it is here is Louisiana, but it's good that there is a solution, I was worried you can't get there from here!!

Yahoo maps says it takes 10 hours to get to Benning from Polk, well if we were in fact in the car for 20 hours, going and coming, it sure did not seem like it! Yvonne and I enjoyed great conversation. I had really wanted to fly, however airfare now is outrageous, so driving is what was the most cost effective choice, and I am so thankful that it was, I would have missed out on such great conversation, there are way to many things, and not enough room to post, but I would have not heard about the tiger on Fort Polk, and the snipers trying to catch it! Or, the transitions that our local Chapel and PWOC have gone through in the last few years!
I am thankful for our time spent together!!
LW was well planned and scheduled and even when something was not going as planned, the improvisation was exceptional!!
So, dinner is a bit late.... ok, ladies... Let's Worship our God in song, while we wait!! That's not a bad plan at all!!

I definitely got alot out of the president class, which will be very useful, the thing I enjoyed most and cherish is the time I was able to spend with my ladies, in a new environment, loved...loved...loved the break we had on Saturday...spent at Starbucks, who knew 3 hours in starbucks could be sooooo Awesome!!!....Now I do, never underestimate the power of God to do amazing things with 5 sleep deprived, caffeine withdrawn women!!!






New bag for PWOC.... it's bigger than Yvonne, so there will be no new bag for us.








Entering Follow Me Chapel

























































This car was seen on our way home, it was covered with stuffed animals, buttons, and really weird stuff! not a great picture but at 70 plus MPH, what do you expect!!??

No comments: